Job no: 495875
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
Categories: Construction, Marine & Civil
About the role
As a result of our continued success and growth, there is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Estimator / Cost Planner to join our Marine & Civil division. Based in our Sydney office, your role will be to compile tenders and cost plans in a concise and accurate manner enabling management to make informed decisions leading to competitive and profitable projects.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform a key role within the tender team, ensuring all aspects relating to resources and costs have been considered for various infrastructure and/ or marine projects.
- Provide cost planning input to the operational team during the initial phases of the project during the design development.
- Maintain an understanding and associated cost of current and emerging construction techniques, products and methodologies.
- Utilisation of industry software to present cost plans and tenders in a clear and concise format.
- Assisting the Bid Manager in completion of tender submittals.
- Collation of cost data from industry suppliers, subcontractors and completed projects to build a database of reference projects for benchmarking.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with demonstrated experience in cost planning/estimating, tendering for large and complex infrastructure and/or marine projects in a design and construct environment.
- Knowledge of construction methodology, ability to read drawings and strong analytical skills with a strong affinity with the costs of marine and civil infrastructure projects.
- Proven track record of winning projects and an ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend