Job no: 495876
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
Categories: Construction, Marine & Civil
About the role
Due to continued growth Watpac has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our Marine & Civil division. In this role, you will assist in the preparation of tenders for future Marine and Civil projects and manage construction and delivery of the project on time and in budget. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist the pre-construction team in the preparation and conversion of tenders.
- Coordinate all construction activities on and off site.
- Manage relationships with the client, client representatives and any authorities relating to the project.
- Review project planning and target construction programme with the Site Manager.
- Be proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Monitor progress, reprogramming or re-sequencing the works to achieve the target completion date.
The successful candidate will be experienced in all aspects of Project Management with the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelors or Masters Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Proven experience within large and complex infrastructure projects in a design and construct environment. Previous RMS, VicRoads or QLD DMRT is a must.
- Knowledge of construction methodology, ability to read drawings and strong analytical skills.
- Personal commitment, perseverance and energy to achieve the goals until completion.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend