Job no: 495877
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
Categories: Construction, Marine & Civil
About the role
Due to continued growth Watpac are currently looking for a Commercial Manager to join our Marine and Civil division. This role will be responsible for overseeing everything commercial for this new division including assisting senior management and project teams in implementing effective commercial and administrative practices. And implementing effective and efficient commercial practices as per policies and procedures. Additional key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review of tenders for compliance with commercial benchmarks.
- Maintain the Important Document register and manage the issue and return of all head contract bank guarantees/insurance bonds for the Marine & Civil Business Unit.
- Ensure that project managers, contract administrators and project staff within the Marine & Civil division understand and comply with commercial requirements.
- Provide the Group Commercial Manager with on-going feedback regarding the standard suite of subcontract, supply & consultant agreements.
- Maintain a functional line of reporting with the contract administrators of the Marine & Civil division.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to read, analyse and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business and with relevant external organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend