Job no: 495878
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane Metro
About the role
As a result of our continued success and growth, there is an exciting opportunity for a Building Cadet to join our Construction QLD division. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will form part of the Construction team and be committed to providing assistance in the preparation of contract documents, the tendering process, and general office/site administration duties for large commercial building projects.
- Proactively drive company safety, environment and quality policies, practices and procedures onsite
- Assist with the trade package tendering process including issuing, reviewing and selection of tenders
- Assist with general administration of trade packages following contract award
- Assist with general site duties, office and administration tasks in support of Contract Administrators and Project Managers
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Building Cadet. Ideally you will be in your second or third year of your Construction Management degree (or similar) and want to pursue a career in building construction.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Strong initiative, excellent problem-solving and good communication skills
- Strong drive and determination
- A full unrestricted drivers licence and the ability to travel across South East Qld for work
- Attending of lectures during work hours shall not exceed 1 or 2 half days per week
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program
- Parental Leave Program
- Employee referral bonus
- Young Professionals Program
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend