Project Safety Advisor
Job no: 495887
Work type: Full time
Location: Other - SA
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
There is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Safety Advisor with a background in Construction to join our Sydney construction team. Your primary objective will be to support the project in maintaining compliance with statute law and company procedures, and to assist in building excellence in safety throughout the projects.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review and communicate safe work performance to Project Managers.
- Establish appropriate educational programs in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS)
- Investigate and report on all injuries, illnesses and notifiable events at the workplace.
- Undertake comprehensive audits and provide subsequent recommendations to the project teams and OHS Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in OHS or a related discipline.
- Previous experience as a Project Safety Advisor/ Coordinator for a building/ construction organisation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business.
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our South Australian Construction team continues to deliver exciting, high quality projects for a variety of clients. Completed projects include Adelaide Airport Landslide Infrastructure Project, IBIS Hotel and Mayfair Hotel. The team is currently working on Ei8ht Apartments in Glenelg and more recently started construction on the Adelaide Airport Terminal Expansion project.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend