Job no: 495922
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
About the role
Due to continued growth Watpac are currently looking for a Design Manager to join our Construction division. This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating the design team to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget. Additional key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Establish the design and construction methodology for tenders, bids and projects
- Progressively monitor the production of workshop drawings and coordination with other trade documents and manage design change requirements
- Liaise with client and manage consultants to ensure delivery of project as per specifications
- Manage submission of final documentation including constructed drawings, authority approvals, warranties and guarantees.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
- A tertiary qualification in Architecture/Construction Management/Engineering or a related discipline
- Proven knowledge of the construction process and solid experience in design management
- Experience of delivering D&C projects of $50M+ in value
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels internally across the business, with external consultants and the client
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend