Senior Structural Engineer - Building
Job no: 495924
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane Metro
About the role
Due to continued growth Watpac have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Structural Engineer - Building to join their new Operational Support Services team in Brisbane. Reporting to the Engineering Director this position will suit an experienced and ambitious engineer looking to work in a multi-disciplined working environment, on award winning and iconic projects. You will be part of a 180+ engineering team spread across 3 hubs (Brisbane, Brussels and Dubai). Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work with a team of engineers to develop holistic structural design of complex buildings from concept selection, design development and constructability reviews.
- Coordinate structural design projects and interact with colleagues from procurement and construction teams, ensuring construction methodology is thoughtfully developed and applied.
- Oversee the production of detailed design drawings.
- Monitor and update all structural design calculations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering.
- Ability to think creatively and analytically, with meticulous attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills. Think outside the box to develop alternative ideas bringing a competitive edge to Watpac.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business and with relevant external organisations.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
- Ready to travel interstate for meetings and workshops on a regular basis.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend