Job no: 495930
Work type: Full time
Location: Other - SA
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
Watpac has an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager to join the South Australian Construction team. This role will suit a Senior Project Engineer looking to step up to manage a component of a large scale project. You will be responsible for managing the construction of projects from initial receipt of documentation to handover to the client at practical completion. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Delivery of the project from tender handover to completion in accordance with the company’s procedures.
- Manage and review the timely completion of the works pursuant to the project program, including the administration, financial management and reporting for the project.
- Be responsible for the management, coordination and quality of the works to be performed.
- Initiate, modify and implement the Safety Plan and chair safety meetings.
- Provide support to the Maintenance Manager in any post practical completion issues.
- Proactively drive company safety policies, practices and procedures in compliance with OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the company Quality, Occupational Health & Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
The successful candidates will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Construction/Building or related discipline
- Extensive experience in building construction and management of projects in excess of $100m in value
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business
- Proven ability to build and lead an effective results driven team
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment
- Proven high level of professionalism, maturity and candour in daily work ethic
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development Program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend