Job no: 495942
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane Metro
About the role
Due to continued growth Watpac have an exciting opportunity for a Methods Engineer to join their new Operational Support Services team in Brisbane. This role will be responsible for developing and coordinating the constructability of a project, focusing on the sequencing and the required tools and equipment. Additional key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- The design, analysis and optimization of work methods for our projects across civil, complex and high-rise buildings, infrastructure, and marine works.
- Participate across all phases of our projects from tendering to site support throughout delivery.
- The development of temporary structures: scaffolding, shoring, formworks.
- Work closely together with designers, estimators and project engineers to optimise the constructability of projects and develop a solution in the best interest of the company.
- Define logistic plans, type and position of cranes, phasing of the construction, work cycles and re-use of material.
- Validation of plans and methods with internal and external partners and request pricing where needed.
- Follow up on the performance of the manpower, equipment and materials.
- Provide feedback for planning of structural works.
- Verification for temporary works developed by suppliers and subcontractors.
- Share knowledge and collaborate with other methods engineer within the group (Europe, Middle East and Canada).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering with a construction background.
- Experience in the use of 3D software packages (Autocad/ Revit/ Naviswork).
- Familiarity with planning software (MSproject, Primavera or equivalent).
- Experience in delivering D&C projects of $50M+ in value.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels internally across the business, with external consultants and the client.
- Willingness and ready to move to Brisbane head office.
- Willingness and ability to travel interstate.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a healthy foundations and employee assistance program.
- Parental leave program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend