Job no: 495946
Work type: Full time
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
To support our continued growth in the North Queensland market, Watpac are looking for an experienced Contracts Administrators to join our team based in Townsville. As the Contracts Administrator you will be responsible for the efficient management of project financial and administrative matters on projects. We are happy to consider applicants from outside the area who are happy to relocate permanently or for a fixed term. Key responsibilities of the role will include but not be limited to;
- Arrange and run the trade package tendering process.
- Advise the project team on all commercial and contractual matters.
- Oversee the cost management and cost reporting process to ensure the project is being managed in the most cost-effective way.
- Arrange and run the administration of variation claims, progress claims and all other financial matters relating to the project.
The successful candidate will be experienced in all aspects of Contract Administration with the following skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or a related discipline.
- You will possess excellent commercial awareness with strong relationship building, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deliver results in a high-pressure environment.
- Prior experience working on commercial building projects is a must, with health and/ or residential highly advantageous.
As a leading national construction and civil contracting group, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our Construction Queensland team has delivered some of the state’s most iconic projects and has a reputation for excellence. Watpac has been the name behind numerous landmark projects in Townsville including Thuringowa Sports Precinct, Thuringowa Community Centre and Art Gallery, Storm Financial Office Building and Peninsula Apartments.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a healthy foundations and employee assistance program.
- Parental leave program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days
- Professional development program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
Please note resumes can only be submitted via the apply now button.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend