Project Safety Coordinator | Townsville
Job no: 495948
Work type: Full time
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
Watpac has a rare opportunity for a Project Safety Coordinator to join their North Queensland construction team. As the Project Safety Coordinator, your primary objective will be to support projects in maintaining compliance with statute law and company procedures, and to assist in building excellence in safety throughout the projects. Additional responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Review and communicate safe work performance to Project Managers.
- Establish appropriate educational programs in Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
- Investigate and report on all injuries, illnesses and notifiable events at the workplace.
- Undertake comprehensive audits and provide subsequent recommendations to the project teams and QLD OHS Manager.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Tertiary qualification in OHS or a related discipline
- Previous experience as a Project Safety Coordinator for a building/ construction organisation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business;
- Sound judgement and decision making skills.
As a leading national construction and civil contracting group, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our Construction Queensland team has delivered some of the state’s most iconic projects and has a reputation for excellence. Watpac has been the name behind numerous landmark projects in Townsville including Thuringowa Sports Precinct, Thuringowa Community Centre and Art Gallery, Storm Financial Office Building and Peninsula Apartments.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a healthy foundations and employee assistance program.
- Parental leave program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days
- Professional development program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
Please note resumes can only be submitted via the apply now button.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend