Workforce Training & Development Coordinator
Job no: 495970
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane Metro
Categories: Construction, HR/Recruitment/Payroll
About the role
Due to continued growth, Watpac are looking for an experienced Workforce Training and Development Coordinator to join their Queensland construction team. Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Liaise closely with the Construction QLD Operations Manager and the National Learning & Development Manager to promote training and development initiatives for our operational workforce, including construction workers and subcontractors.
- Produce monthly reports to the funding body, Construction Skills Queensland, against the agreed metrics of the contract.
- Consult with functional business areas to identify, source and implement training needs.
- Identify and source government and industry sponsorship opportunities for the training development of the targeted workforce.
- Conduct a training needs analysis with the target audience to identify potential opportunities for training.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and keep abreast of current and upcoming initiatives in the building and construction industry with respect to training and staff development.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Training administration gained in a medium to large organisation - ideally in the construction or civil and mining environment.
- Tertiary qualifications will be highly regarded in a training and development or related field.
- A proactive attitude and approach to the role including a proven high level of professionalism, maturity, candour and confidentiality in daily work ethic.
- Ability to work with subject matter experts and/or business stakeholders to lead the development of practical and engaging training programs.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business with a particularly strong internal customer focus.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our Construction Queensland team has delivered some of the state’s most iconic projects including Skilled Park, Metricon Stadium, Queensland Institute of Medical Research Central Building, the Translational Research Institute and 180 Brisbane. The team is currently delivering a diverse portfolio of work including the Herston Quarter Redevelopment, the North Queensland Stadium Project, the Military Vehicle Centre of Excellence project and the Roma Hospital Redevelopment project.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend