Job no: 495972
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne Metro
- Opportunity to work on challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
Watpac has an excellent opportunity for a Design Manager to join the Victorian Construction team. Your role will be responsible for managing the design and coordination functions from the initial tender to final project completion. This exciting role will involve some of the following key responsibilities;
- Establish the design and construction methodology for tenders, bids and projects
- Manage and coordinate design team to ensure project is delivered on time and on budget
- Liaise with client and manage consultants to ensure delivery of project as per specifications
- Manage submission of final documentation including constructed drawings, authority approvals, warranties and guarantees
The successful candidates will possess the following:
- A tertiary qualification in Architecture/Construction Management/Engineering or a related discipline
- Proven knowledge of the construction process and solid experience in design management
- Experience of delivering D&C projects of $50M+ in value
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels internally across the business, with external consultants and the client
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our Victorian Construction team continues to deliver exciting, high quality projects across many sectors for high profile clients. Recently completed projects include the STK Apartments, Knox Private Hospital and Melbourne Park Redevelopment. The team is currently working on a diverse range of projects including the Australian Unity South Melbourne Retirement Community Project and Casey Hospital Expansion Project.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development Program.
- Well-being days.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend