Estimating & Cost Planning Coordinator
Job no: 495973
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
- Opportunity to work on high profile, challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
Watpac is currently looking for an Estimating and Cost Planning Coordinator to join the NSW Construction team. This role will assist both in the pre and post contracts space working closely with the commercial, design and project teams. Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Perform a key role within the tender/cost planning team, by assisting the Estimators & Cost Planners to ensure that all aspects relating to resources and costs have been considered. And from time to time undertake this role as required.
- Utilisation of industry software to present cost plans and tenders in a clear and concise format as required, and to assist the Estimators & Cost Planners to undertake the same.
- Assist the Estimators & Cost Planners in the preparation of tenders.
- Assist the team in negotiating tenders, conditions, etc.
- Collation of cost data directly from industry suppliers, subcontractors and completed projects.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Degree in a relevant discipline together with minor experience in cost planning/estimating experience.
- Foundation understanding of industry construction techniques and entry level skills in industry software.
- Ability to communicate and build effective relationships at all levels of the external and internal business environment.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated development of productive relationships with colleagues and team members.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Professional Development opportunities.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend