Job no: 495980
Work type: Full time
Location: Brisbane Metro
Categories: Information Systems
About the role
An opportunity for an experienced Applications Specialist currently exists within our Brisbane based Information Systems team. Reporting to the Applications Team Leader key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Liaise with application owners and users to ensure key business applications meet the goals and objectives of the business including the lifecycle management of the application, future integration and interoperability with current and future enterprise applications
- Maintain, administer and support key business applications, including patching, upgrades and reporting on system performance in line with Information Systems Change Management procedures and meeting agreed service levels.
- Facilitate the successful implementation of application solutions to produce effective outcomes based on desired business requirements.
- Build and promote a framework for efficient delivery of service and support to the business as part of the Applications Team, working with the Service Desk and Infrastructure teams.
- Develop strong working relationships with business stakeholders, including external service providers and seek opportunities for innovation, process and system improvement.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure a common understanding of issues, requirements and outcomes
- Sound knowledge of scripting languages or relational database administration preferable
- Sound knowledge in the Microsoft suite of applications including SCCM, SQL and Office365.
- High-level problem-solving skills with an ability to participate professionally and cohesively within a small solution-focussed team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, comfortable with communicating with a wide range of business and technical stakeholders
- ITIL V3 or V4 qualified
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field or proven commercial experience within a similar position
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a healthy foundations and employee assistance program.
- Parental leave program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Well-being days.
- Professional development program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend