WHS Manager - Construction
Job no: 495985
Work type: Full time
Location: Melbourne Metro
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
Watpac has an excellent opportunity for a WHS Manager to join the Victorian Construction team. Your role will be responsible for supporting Watpac in maintaining compliance with statute law and company procedures. This exciting role will involve some of the following key responsibilities;
- Comply with company safety policies, practises and procedures and conform to OH&S legislative requirements to provide a safe workplace at all times.
- To establish appropriate educational programs in occupational health and safety, including the site induction process.
- Investigate any serious bodily injuries, illnesses and/or dangerous occurrences, and report findings to site and senior management. Ensure corrective actions are completed.
- To coordinate and manage workplace health and safety consultative arrangements such as safety committee meetings and to conduct regular internal audits in accordance with Watpac’s yearly audit schedule.
- Advise head office senior management in current safety legislation and in any changes to statutory requirements.
- Tertiary qualifications in OH&S or a related discipline, or suitable experience.
- Previous experience as a Safety Manager for a building/construction organisation or equivalent experience.
- Ability to communicate, influence and build effective relationships at all levels of the business with a particularly strong internal customer focus.
- Demonstrated ability to operate autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning, listening and decision-making skills.
- Ability to deliver small training sessions on subject expertise such as Safety Inductions, Critical Incident Management etc.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
Our Victorian Construction team continues to deliver exciting, high quality projects across many sectors for high profile clients. Recently completed projects include the STK Apartments, Knox Private Hospital and Melbourne Park Redevelopment. The team is currently working on a diverse range of projects including the Australian Unity South Melbourne Retirement Community Project and Casey Hospital Expansion Project.
- Health & wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Program.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Young Professionals Program.
- x3 extra annual leave / well-being days per year.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend