Senior Project Engineer
Job no: 495986
Work type: Full time
Location: Sydney Metro
- Opportunity to work on a wide range of challenging and rewarding projects.
- Long term career opportunity with an award-winning national contractor.
About the role
With some major projects in the pipeline, Watpac are looking for an experienced Senior Project Engineer to join their construction team in the Sydney area. Your role will be responsible for coordinating on-site construction engineering activities to achieve project time and budget objectives. Key responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Coordinating construction activities ensuring projects are implemented in accordance with plans, designs and specifications.
- Assist with preparation of site construction budgets and reports.
- Monitor construction progress for adherence to programme and quality assurance.
- Liaise with clients, consultants, contractors, suppliers and planning authorities to ensure satisfactory completion of major structures and construction work.
- Ensure project completion is on time and within budget. Record completed work, costs incurred, materials used and retain progress drawings.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- A tertiary qualification within construction or engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of project documents, plans and specifications
- Strong relationship building, influencing and organisation skills, with an ability to deliver results in a high pressure environment.
- Prior experience working on commercial building projects is a must, with health and/ or residential preferred.
As one of Australia’s leading national construction companies, our commitment to providing an inclusive workplace is driven by an organisational culture that embraces diversity and equality. By joining Watpac, part of the international BESIX Group, you will be part of our national team of over 700 dedicated and innovative employees. Our people proudly uphold our values each day and are committed to the safety and wellbeing of their colleagues, subcontractors and the communities in which we operate.
- Health and wellbeing, technology, financial, leisure and home improvement discounts.
- Access to a Healthy Foundations and Employee Assistance Program.
- Parental Leave Program.
- Well-being days.
- Employee referral bonus.
- Young Professionals Program.
This is your opportunity to build a challenging and exciting career path with an industry leader. We attribute our successes to our innovative, driven and diverse team and offer a competitive remuneration package with flexible, supportive benefits and development programs.
*** Agency applications will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend